Amazon’s Affiliate program cost a little money (for hosting, design etc).
Amazon’s Affiliate program.
Amazon’s Affiliate program has also been an important income stream.
10 Years and $500,000
Why Many People Use the Amazon Affiliate Program ?
- Amazon is a trusted brand – everyone knows Amazon. If someone were going to buy online, Amazon would have to be one of the safest options.
- Commissions on higher value products – while 4% on a book isn’t a high commission, if you promote a high value product (like a camera) the commission can be decent.
- People buy more than one item – when you send someone to Amazon you earn a commission on whatever they buy, whether they end up buying what you sent them to or not. Many people load up their cart with numerous items so commissions can add up.
- Easy integration – Amazon provides some good tools and widgets to help you integrate the sales channel into your website.
- Holidays times – Amazon runs some good seasonal sales. Thanksgiving to Christmas .
- Amazon has a wide array of products – Amazon is so much more than books these days. There are so many promotional options that most niches would probably find something relevant to their audience.
Make Money with the Amazon Affiliate Program
Traffic Traffic Traffic
As with most methods of making money better chance your Amazon Traffic converting. Not all kinds of traffic converts.
Your main focus needs to be on creating great content and building traffic to your blog.
In the long run, that is what will help you earn more from Amazon.
Factor in the increase in earnings Search visitors don’t sign up to the affiliate programs on my blogs.
Loyal and repeat readers do.
Another big factor of Amazon Affiliate conversions is to add to the mix of content on the site with more articles relevant to people buying products.
If you want to attract search traffic that is more likely to convert, consider creating content that attracts people in a buying mood.
- Promoting iPods on a blog that largely talks about promoting relevant books, CDs and DVDs instead.
Try different products related to your topic and track which products convert best .
Promotions and Discounts
Amazon during the year, Amazon runs other special discounts and promotions on different products or product categories.
Buy Now Buttons
It basically involves using a ‘buy now’ button in your post. The familiarity of the button increases conversions.
When you promote quality, it is much easier to be both genuine in your reviews and recommendations
which leads to conversions and commissions.
Let Amazon Do What They’re Good At
Converting visitors into buyers. Amazon present people with products relevant to them (based upon previous surfing and buying habits) and over many years they have tweaked their site so converts really well.